Friday, October 11, 2013

Welcome to The Pre-K Crayon Box!

Hello and welcome to my newest endeavor, the pre-k crayon box...it is definitely a work in progress, so bear with me as I enter this new and exciting journey!  I hope that this blog can offer inspiration and smiles to all of its viewers.

So, to start off, here is a little bit about me.  My name is Meredith Long.  I am a wife to a terrific guy (a little obsessed with football, but terrific none the less) and mother to four beautiful and amazing children, two girls and two boys. Here they are, could they be any cuter?

The Fab Four

I am definitely one lucky lady!  They give me tons of inspiration and great ideas for the classroom and even help me test out ideas before I put them to use!  In my free time I love to read, take long walks, go for bike rides, and cook big Sunday dinners for my family.

I have been teaching for as long as I can remember, literally!  My very first student was my younger brother, Andrew, who I forced every day after school to sit in front of my chalkboard easel (it must have worked, he now has his doctorate in medicine).  More recently, I have moved on to a classroom of "young fivers".  I am fortunate enough to teach at the most amazing preschool, EVER, five afternoons a week in their pre-k classroom.  I love it!  In addition to teaching pre-k, I also get to teach the cutest bunch of 3-year-old students, three mornings a week.  I work with the most amazing group of teachers and director.  They make my job so much fun.  It is a great team to be a part of and very supportive.  To top it off, the families who attend my preschool are unbelievable.  They are so generous.  They volunteer, donate, cut out projects, tackle fundraisers, and occasionally even bring coffee!  What more could you ask for?!

So that is me in a nutshell.  I am definitely more nut than shell.  I hope you check back often to see what is going on in my classroom, my latest ideas, and what is inspiring me.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...