Saturday, October 12, 2013

Blog Button or Bust!

Well this little endeavor of "starting a blog" has proved to be QUITE a learning experience.  My first task, create a button for my blog and a grab box to go along with it.  Easy enough, right?  As the title of this post suggests, it was almost a bust.  After several sanity breaks (with ample amounts of coffee) and affirmations that I am an intelligent person I was able to finally figure things out.  Yippee for me! So, if you would like to help a girl out and let her know her efforts weren't in vain, please grab my button.  :) I promise I will have things worth grabbing my button for very soon.

For those of you trying to create your own blog button, I found this site very helpful for navigating my way through the process.

I would also highly recommend using PicMonkey to create your button.

A)  It is easy.
B)  It is free
C)  It has a lot of fun tools you can use to enhance and bling up your button!

If you would like to try it out and give it a whirl, you can find a link to PicMonkey here.

As you will notice, I did not use a photo when creating my button.  Instead of uploading a photograph, I downloaded digital paper and then uploaded it to PicMonkey.  From there, all the steps are exactly the same.  Once I finished creating the button, I saved it to my computer and then uploaded it to photobucket. 

So that was definitely the easy and fun parts of this little project.  The tutorial provides the html code you need to copy and paste so that you can display your blog button as well as a blog button grab box. The tutorial does a very nice job explaining all the steps necessary to do this successfully.  Be sure to focus on step #4.  That allows you to do both the button and grab box in one step.  

**On a side note, I did find I needed to go back into what I pasted and change the quotes to "straight quotes".  If you are having difficulty, that may be the source of the problem.  She does touch upon this briefly in the tutorial.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great! Good job!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelly! I love, love, love your pinterest "hover" buttons and the tutorial on how to install. So wonderful! They are the perfect compliment to my blog!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...